Reducing Waste with Plastic Printers: The Future of 3D Printing
Introduction to Plastic Printers
Plastic printers are machines that allow you to make plastic prints without using traditional ink and paper. With these printers, you can produce products such as access control cards, identification cards, smart cards, and many more.
Features of Plastic Printers
Plastic printers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They typically use an industrial-grade thermal printable plastic film which can be cut into any customized shape to meet the specific printing needs. Some of the features include:
- Printable on both sides
- Different dpi resolutions up to 600 dpi
- Printing thickness up to 0.7 mils
- Variable data printing (VDP)
- Up to 10 colors in a single pass
- Specialty inks and UV printing capabilities
- Flexible sizes and print options
Benefits of Plastic Printers
The benefits of using plastic printers include:
- High-quality cards: Plastic printers create cards with sharper, clearer images than those produced by traditional printers.
- Durability: Plastic cards are much more durable than paper and can handle wear and tear, making them ideal for cardholders who carry them with them.
- Biodegradable: Plastic cards are 100% biodegradable, reducing the environmental impact.
- Cost savings: Plastic cards are cost-effective and long-lasting, resulting in a lower cost of ownership.
- Flexibility: Plastic printers allow users to print cards of any size and with any number of colors.
Pros and Cons of Plastic Printers
|High-quality cards with superior durability||Higher cost than traditional printers|
|Flexibility and customization options||Unfinished edges of card|
|A great solution for printing plastic cards||Limited security features|
Staples Case Study
Staples, an office supply company, decided to switch from traditional paper card printing to plastic card printing for their loyalty cards. They found that the plastic cards were more durable and cost-effective, and saw a significant increase in loyalty program enrollment.
Walmart Case Study
Walmart was looking for a way to improve their customer experience and reduce costs. They decided to switch to a plastic card printing solution for their loyalty program cards. They found that the plastic cards were more durable, easier to read, and provided a better customer experience for their customers.
- What is a plastic printer? A plastic printer is a machine that can print onto plastic cards instead of traditional paper.
- What are the advantages of using a plastic printer? Plastic printers are more durable, cost-effective, and environmentally-friendly compared to traditional printers.
- Can plastic printers produce cards with high-quality images? Yes, plastic printers have the ability to produce cards with clarity and sharpness.
- What is variable data printing (VDP)? Variable data printing (VDP) is a method of printing documents that allows users to add personalization to their cards.
Mistakes People Make
When using a plastic printer, there are a few common mistakes that occur:
- Using the wrong type of plastic: Different types of plastic have different properties and it is important to choose the right type of plastic for the job.
- Forgetting to clean the printer: Plastic printers need to be regularly cleaned to ensure the best results.
- Not paying attention to bleed lines: Bleed lines show where the ink should be printed on the card and, if ignored, can result in poor quality prints.
- Not using the right print settings: It is important to use the proper settings in order to get the best results.
When using a plastic printer, there are a few best practices you should keep in mind:
- always use compatible plastics
- regularly clean the printer
- use the recommended software settings
- pay attention to bleed lines
- use specialty inks for optimal results
Plastic printers are an effective solution for printing plastic cards. They offer high-quality prints, cost savings, and flexibility. However, there are some common mistakes people make when using plastic printers that can lead to poor quality prints. It is important to be aware of these mistakes and practice the best practices listed above in order to get the most out of your plastic printer.