Greening your Tabletop: How to Choose and Use Reusable Plastic Playing Cards
Plastic Playing Cards
The Benefits of Plastic Playing Cards
Playing cards are a staple in many homes across the world. Originally made with paper and cardboard, technology and plastic manufacturing have now enabled plastic playing cards to be introduced. They offer a variety of benefits in comparison to paper and cardboard playing cards that make them a great choice for any game night.
The Benefits of Plastic Playing Cards
One of the biggest reasons to choose plastic over traditional paper and cardboard playing cards is that they last much longer. Plastic cards hold up to more wear and tear and don't easily tear, crumple, or potentially end up in the trash after just a few uses. Unlike paper and cardboard that can be difficult to shuffle and can lose their shape, plastic playing cards won't bend, curl, or get stuck together easily.
Plastic playing cards also come with a variety of colors and designs that aren't available in traditional paper or cardboard sheets. This allows for more creative and unique playing cards that truly stand out.
Features and Benefits
Although plastic playing cards may cost more at the point of purchase, the long-term benefits make them worth it. Here are some features and benefits of plastic playing cards compared to traditional paper and cardboard:
- Durability: Plastic playing cards are more durable, don't bend, and don't get stuck together.
- Fun: Plastic playing cards come in a variety of colors and designs that aren't available in traditional paper or cardboard sheets.
- Ease of Use: Plastic playing cards have a matte finish with low sliding friction, making them easier to shuffle and handle than paper or cardboard playing cards.
- Waterproof: Plastic playing cards are waterproof, so they won't be ruined if accidentally spilled on.
Pros and Cons
When considering plastic playing cards for game night, there are some pros and cons to keep in mind. Here are some of the most common pros and cons of plastic playing cards:
|Durable||More expensive than paper and cardboard cards|
|Come in a variety of colors and designs||Can be slippery and harder to handle than traditional playing cards|
|Easier to shuffle and handle||Harmful to the environment if not properly recycled|
To get a better sense of the benefits of plastic playing cards, check out what others have said:
Case Study 1: "I have been using plastic playing cards ever since I heard about them. I love the way they last so much longer and I never have to worry about them tear or being ruined easily. The cards are also so much more fun with the variety of colors and designs."
Case Study 2: "We always used to have to replace our paper and cardboard playing cards every few months, but since switching to plastic cards, we haven't had to do that anymore. They hold up really well and are easier to shuffle as well, which makes the game more fun."
Case Study 3: "I truly believe that plastic playing cards are worth the investment. You will save money in the long run because you won't have to keep buying new packs of playing cards. And they look so much better too!"
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about plastic playing cards:
Are plastic playing cards durable?
Yes, plastic playing cards are much more durable than traditional paper or cardboard cards. They don't easily tear or crumple and can withstand more wear and tear.
Are plastic playing cards more expensive?
Yes, plastic playing cards are typically more expensive than traditional paper or cardboard cards. However, since they last much longer, you will save money in the long run.
Are plastic playing cards waterproof?
Yes, plastic playing cards are waterproof, so they can withstand accidental spills without being ruined.
Mistakes People Make
When it comes to using plastic playing cards, there are some mistakes people tend to make. Here are some of the most common mistakes people make when using plastic playing cards:
- Not checking to see if the cards are slippery: Some plastic playing cards can be slippery and harder to handle, so be sure to check the cards before using them.
- Not taking proper care of the cards: It is important to properly care for plastic playing cards by keeping them in a dry and dust-free environment.
- Not properly disposing of the cards: Plastic playing cards should be recycled properly and not thrown away in the trash.
If you want to get the most out of your plastic playing cards, there are some best practices you should consider:
- Check the cards for slipperiness: Before using the cards, take the time to check for slipperiness as some plastic playing cards can be harder to handle than traditional paper or cardboard cards.
- Properly store the cards: Be sure to keep your plastic playing cards in a dry and dust-free environment to protect them.
- Recycle the cards responsibly: Once you have finished with the plastic playing cards, be sure to properly recycle them to reduce their harmful impact on the environment.
Plastic playing cards offer a variety of benefits over traditional paper and cardboard cards. They are more durable, come in a variety of colors and designs, are easier to shuffle and handle, and are waterproof. Although they may be more expensive initially, they save money in the long run. Be sure to take proper care of the cards and dispose of them responsibly to get the most out of them.