Creating an Employee ID System: The Benefits of Issuing Custom-Made ID Cards
Employee ID Cards
Employee ID Cards
Employee identification cards allow businesses, schools, and organizations to control and track employee access to their premises and resources. These cards are customized pieces of plastic emblazoned with a photo, name, and ID that identify the person as an employee or authorized personnel. An organization can also use this card to establish employee benefits, track hours worked, pay, and store other important information. With a reliable ID card system, businesses can more efficiently process payroll, grant access to secure areas, and monitor and manage their staff's activities.
Types of Employee ID Cards
There are various types of employee ID cards used in businesses today. Each offers different features, making them suitable for different scenarios. Common ID card types include:
Magnetic Strip Cards
- Magnetic strip cards are one of the oldest and most common types of employee ID cards. They are typically made of durable PVC or ABS plastic and feature a magnetic strip on the back which carries data and functions like a data card.
- They are commonly used in organizations for tracking employee attendance, granting access to certain areas, and other tasks.
- Smart cards are a newer type of ID card, offering additional security features that traditional magnetic strips cannot. They utilize a unique chip embedded in the card which stores data and can be programmed to grant access to areas based on employee clearance.
- Smart cards are usually made from PVC plastic, and can also include other features such as embedded photographs and bar codes.
- RFID cards contain a small radio frequency transmitter that can store and transmit data when read by a compatible reader. They are commonly used as access cards, allowing staff to open doors and control access to areas without having to carry a physical card.
- RFID cards are usually made from PVC or ABS plastic, and are often co-branded with an organization's logo.
Benefits of Employee ID Cards
Employee identification cards come with many benefits that make them an important part of any organization's security system. Some of the benefits include:
- Enhanced security: Employee ID cards can be used to control access to premises, preventing unauthorized personnel from entering and ensuring that only authorized staff can access restricted areas.
- Data tracking: Organizations can use the cards to track attendance, monitor personnel's movements, identify staff in emergency situations, and store other important information.
- Staff motivation: Having an identification card can give employees a sense of belonging and motivate them to perform better.
- Cost savings: Using ID cards for monitoring employee activities can reduce the need for manual tracking and streamline processes, saving the organization time and money.
Case Study: Citibank
Citibank is a global financial services company that was established in 1812. With over 200 million customers, the company has grown significantly over the years and now has a presence in more than 160 countries. In order to ensure that its employees have access to the latest technologies and are able to carry out their responsibilities securely, Citibank introduced a suite of employee ID cards and badges.
The cards enable the company to track employee attendance, monitor their activities, and manage their access to premises and resources. They also provide an additional layer of security, as only authorized personnel can gain access to certain areas. In addition, the cards have improved the overall efficiency of the company's processes.
FAQs About Employee ID Cards
What types of employee ID cards are available? The most common types of employee ID cards are magnetic strip cards, smart cards, and RFID cards.
What are the benefits of using employee ID cards? Employee ID cards can provide enhanced security, enable data tracking, motivate staff, and help organizations save time and money.
Can employee ID cards be used for other purposes? Yes, they can be used to track employee attendance, grant access to secure areas, and store other important information. They can also be used to identify employees in emergency situations and to establish employee benefits.
Employee ID cards are an indispensable tool for businesses, schools, and other organizations looking to secure their premises and resources. They provide enhanced security, enable data tracking, motivate staff, and help organizations save time and money. With the right card system in place, organizations can quickly process payroll, grant access to secure areas, and monitor and manage their staff's activities.